Customers | Advice | Business Suggestions | Photography
To shoot or not to shoot ?
The importance of a good photograph!!!
Since I started my business and started running my Taylor Made piping courses, I’ve been made very aware of the importance of good photographs.
I have taught over a 100 students now and they produce the most beautiful bouquets. When it comes to photographing their work however, a badly lit or badly angled picture can unfortunately hide the beauty of their work.
This is only really important if you want to start a business in cakes, or food in general, lets be honest, a first impression matters, you need to be prepared and have everything in place to photograph your gorgeous cupcake flowers! It makes you, your company and your bouquets look all the more professional when done correctly.
Poor lighting and objects in the background can completely distract the viewer from what you’re actually trying to sell.
A few pointers for a good photograph:
- Invest in a backdrop! You can purchase these at a very reasonable price from Amazon for around £10-15.
- Make sure you choose a light and airy room to display and photograph your work.
- If the sun is beaming through the room it will make the photograph very yellow so wait until the sun has moved around before you start.
- Invest in a decent phone or camera. I use an iPhone 8 for my photographs and it makes all the difference.
- The portrait setting is best for close ups.
- If you are not happy with the picture then don’t post it.
- Your images are your brand so make sure you they are perfect and you are 100% happy with them.
Below are two pictures to of the same bouquet taken at different times to show you the impact of poor lighting! Top one was taken when it was too sunny and next was taken early evening.